How do I Import 800 Contacts in 4 minutes?
Disclaimer: Although this is fast and easy, actual import time depends on your connection speed.
First, make sure you have the Ukuu CSV Import Add-on.
1. If it’s installed, you can go to the your UkuuPeople menu and click Import.
2. Choose File.
3. Click Continue.
4. Make sure the various options are selected properly.
Option 1 is set by default. Only change this if you are sure your CSV file has a different delimeter.
Option 2 allows you to decide what you want to do with possible duplicates.
Option 3 allows you to select whether this list is of Individuals or Organizations.
Option 4 allows you to assign this list to a specific Tribe.
5. Following those 4 options, you will see a whole list of possible fields. Scroll down to Step 3 before dealing with these, if you are unsure what fields were on your CSV file.
At a glance, it looks as if our file was for Individuals and includes first and last names, addresses, counties, 2 phone #s, email, and website.
I don’t want the first and last names displayed as a company name, and I don’t want to include the county. So I will go back up to the field choices and make the following selections.
Notice that I did not use the “Display Name” or company name. And the things that I did want to use, I clicked the little arrow and chose to “map” the field to a field with a similar name.
6. Once done, I can click the Verify Mapping button to make sure it’s what I want.
7. Then go to Step 4. Either click Begin the import… or choose to clear everything and start over.